Sunday, 28 January 2007

A Show and an SS Parcel!=)

Plenty of stash added to the collection yesterday, but only one thing that, had I not made an exemption of stitching show buys (or what's the point in going?), would have broken the challenge rules!!!

Firstly, yesterday morning I got my first Secret Sister package. It's the one for February, but was nice and early. Makes a real change as I frequently got mine late when I used to do these exchanges a few years ago. Here's what I got:

5 skeins of GAST, 5 of Anchor Marlitt, 1 of NN's #5 pearl cotton, 2 of Caron Waterlilies Silk, 3 boxes of Mill Hill Beads, 2 of Treasures, a ball each of DMC #8 and #12 pearl cotton and some hardanger bookmark patterns. The Waterlilies, DMC pearls, beads and treasures are all for a challenge item I plan to do for my mum and the others are from my wishlist. All except the pattern that is and that makes me suspect the identity of my SS.....!!!!=) It was a lovely package and, apart from the fact that I'd put a pack of beads on my list that I already had (my own silly fault), everything was just great! I want more Marlitt now I've started a collection..... Eeek!

Most of what I bought at the show was for private exchanges with Petra and for the lady whose Secret Sister I am, so I can't put a photo here for fear of spoiling the surprise for them. These are what I got for me: A metre of white hardanger band which I hope will do for the challenge item where I said I needed linen band - I just need to double check the stitch count, and 7 things of organza ribbon. Most of them have 2 different shades and 2 thicknesses on so for only 75p each, they were a total bargain! The company who sold them want to see photos of anything I stitch with them as they're were interested in them being for ribbon embroidery. I might even get my work featured on their site one day!!!=)
The only downer yesterday was that I had about £60 at the show, came back with about £10 and only have goods enough for £35, including the sandwich I bought and my share of the parking costs. It seems that I got change for £5 at one stand instead of £20 or something like that and didn't notice as I was rushing to keep up with my friends and talking to the lady on the stall! So, in effect, I've paid for the SS parcel!=( I think I know which stall it was and I will e-mail them and ask that, if they are £15 up on what they should be, could I please have my change??

3 comments:

  1. Glorious stash, Elisabeth ! I hope you get that money back... How frustrating :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful stash, Elisabeth! And I love how your blue tit came out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I need to buy lots of new lovelies for my stash to drive away the blues. :) Thanks for your supportive comments!

    It's distressing to be shorted on your change. Let us know how it comes out if you're able to talk with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit. I love to read your comments! ♡
Moderation is still on in 2026. Absolutely NO advertising!