Tuesday 29 December 2020

Review of the stitching year 2020

Well, hello! Here I am, still alive and crawling out of an almost 30 month silence to present a mammoth needlework year review.  I may not have been blogging here, but my needles - of various types - have been busy just the same.

I managed to complete 27 things over this last year, but it's not quite as impressive as it sounds when you realise that 14 were fairly quick sewing tasks, such as finally finishing up 3 of those Lizzie*Kate 'Button Up!' seasonal cross stitch pieces as hangings which are changed with the natural season and hung on our coat rack (and are a lot bluer than they seem here):


The other 11 were 4 Bible covers:


4 quick cushion covers (not the white one, that comes later) - the black ones don't even have zips:


A padded, drawstring bag for my hubby to take his visualizer to work safely in:


And 2 pillowcase liners, which aren't shown here as they're on the pillows!

Knitting was productive too, with 4 adult garments done and 2 small girl's cardigans. 


I'm also half way through the last piece of an Aran jumper for Sir, but that'll obviously come in on next year's list.

Embroidery finishes were 5 cards, all for wedding anniversaries:


One picture that I'd started in Germany on World Embroidery Day 2019:


And, finally, one hardanger scatter cushion cover:


I'll try and get back in a few days to start sharing projects from mid 2017 to the end of 2019, so you can catch up with what I've been working on whilst my tech was sub-functional.  Afterwards, maybe I can get back to periodic updates on current projects as before. I can't promise prolific posting, as I'm really out of the habit now and building up a blog is no longer a priority as it used to be back up to 2015, but I'll try my best. :)

In the meantime, look me up on Instagram, which is much more up to date.  You can click on the link at the top left of the blog, or search @sew_in_love_stitch_art from your IG account, if you have one.

Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2020

4 comments:

Bits of Stitching! said...

How nice to be able to see all the needlework you have finished in these past couple of years! Thanks for taking the time to update the good old blog ;-). I left IG in the spring of 2017, so it is a treat to catch up with your handicraft endeavors. Stay safe and have fun with your needles!

Glenis said...

I don't have Instagram either, so I'm pleased to see you back here. Looking forward to the update post as soon as you can manage it. (No pressure!)

Rachel said...

I suppose at least the non-functional tech gave you time to do more needlecraft?

Good to see the round up, here, even if I have seen at least some of it on IG!

D1-D2 said...

You got a lot done this year. I always love seeing your hardanger pieces.

 
Google+