Wednesday 28 September 2005

Started something new......

OK, I know I said I wouldn't until I'd finished the dog, but I needed something to stitch for the times when I don't want to think so hard about what I'm doing, for when there isn't enough light for the complex work needed for the silk shading and when I just need to relax. So, the next item on my list of stuff to stitch, a hardanger cushion with some satin stitch/back stitch floral work, has been started. I've already done all the surface work on the central flower and what will be the central cutwork area, but here's a picture just of the materials. It was just SO nice to sit and do a bit on this when I got in from work today, before making dinner.

I think it's going to be a longer time than I'd planned before that dreaded dog is finished. Basically, because I'd said I wouldn't start anything else until it was done, I was doing no stitching at all! Given that I have a lot of projects I want to do and the fact that my stash is worth well over £1000, (so, about US$2000 at UK prices), it's just wasted sitting there whilst I continue to put off and put off the piece I'm finding it next to impossible to motivate myself to do. I'm NOT going to dismiss it as a UFO though, (no non-stitching readers, that's not an 'un-identified flying object', but our acronym for 'un-finished object'!!!), and I will try to assign specific times to work it. When I'm at my mum's on Monday afternoons is a good time and maybe I can fit in an hour or so for it on Thursdays. So, that'll be 2-4 hours per week. It'll take ages still, but it'll happen - as long as those sessions happen. Well, that remains to be seen....

Will post more often from now onwards as I'll have more photos to share!

No comments:

 
Google+