Monday 20 November 2006

Some Updates

And it's Monday again! Good-oh! I'm not very well today, but it seems to be only a 24 hour thing and I should be OK for my new Chinese classes 2nd session tomorrow tea-time. I've got loads of fun activities planned, so I'm quite looking forward to it. I would never have thought it, but perhaps teaching is for me after all.=)

So, here's the long over-due kitchen update photo. It still needs a window dressing (and the glosswork will be re-done when it's all done over the winter hols) and I plan to stitch that lovely blue tit and bird table design to go just above the cooker too. So, things to look out for the in the first half of next year, all being well. Hope you like progress thus far - it's certainly a lot brighter and less bottom heavy than it was, now that it's painted a nice lemon colour and has 2 shelves to house all my machinery.

Here's the doggie at present as well. I'm kinda enjoying doing him, but will be very pleased when he's done and I can get on with other things. Might do something on his this afternoon actually as I have an unexpected free afti owing to it being a good idea to rest up as much as poss. That's certainly true as I'm going to the Knitting and Stitching Show in Harrogate on Friday and it would be an awful shame to mess that up, no?

Streuth! The new beta Blogger version might be quicker etc, but it adds in even more blank lines with photos than the old one did! Heavy use of 'preview' function recommended, and it's about time that was adapted to actually reflect what will appear too!

3 comments:

Von said...

Elisabeth, your kitchen looks so bright and cheery. I'm sure you're enjoying cooking in it! It would be a tad bit on the small side for all the cooking I do, but perfect for you. :D

Your puppy is looking real cute - plugging away at it as you are will get this project done before you know it.

abeautifulcraft said...

Hello Elisabeth, thanks for popping over to my blog and saying hello! Your stitching is beautiful, I am looking forwards to visiting more often ....
Sandie

June said...

Thanks Elisabeth for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. The next time I'm there, you'll be the first to know.

You're a Chinese teacher. Where were you trained? Beijing? Cool. I'm ashamed to say the only Chinese I can write is my name.

 
Google+