Friday 25 July 2008

An Awarding Post!!

Well, here I am again. Without stitching to display as the project I want and need to get on with is being held up completely by the on-line store I ordered the stuff from not getting it to me. It's been almost 2 months now and I have had answers to only 1 of my 3 e-mails. I'm going to try and 'phone them again today. Even if there's nothing to tell me, I think they should at least answer, I'm really dissatisfied with their level of customer communication! I shall tell them so too and think twice about shopping there again. I'm really very cross about it. Grrrr!


Here's something I have on my list for the next couple of months (photo pinched from the SewandSo site). This will be made into a wide format bell-pull as I don't want a repeat performance of the CoS fiasco making up a cushion cover with a rectangular piece. It's also not very good giving an unfinished up gift, so I'll make it a bell-pull. I have a set of ends that are wide enough, although I'll only put one at the top. That way, you make one set last for two pieces!!!

I've been getting awards over the last couple of days, although seeing how much stitching I haven't got done over the last months really makes me wonder why!! Firstly, Veronica gave me this one, which appears to have originated in the German speaking world:


Then this morning came this one, (seems Italian to me, can anyone say for certain?) from Von:

Thank you both very much for your nominations. I'm supposed to pass the Kreativ one onto 5 people and the Brilliante to 7, but I have a nasty headache etc at the mo and just don't feel like it. To be honest, it usually means that almost everyone gets the award in the end and often several times too. Not that I don't appreciate the thought though, 'cos I do!=)

5 comments:

Nic said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who splits bell pulls ends to get two finishes for the price of one :o) I happen to think it looks better, too...

Dani - tkdchick said...

Ooooh what a lovely piece!!! I can't wait to see your progress.

Kate said...

Can't wait to see your new start. I love all the blues. :) I haven't tried a bellpull finish, but I'll have to give it a go one of these days. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with an ONS. It seems there's the whole range out there, from brilliant to terrible. I hope you get a resolution soon.

Carmen said...

lovely proyect :)

Stitchingranny said...

Wow the picture (from sew&so) is definitely my sort of thing - Is it a Patricia Ann Design?

Re the awards I know what you mean - I have had six or seven and though its nice when the first one arrives you really dont know what to do when they keep being repeated lol.

 
Google+