Wednesday 24 June 2009

Hardanger WIP

Here's the latest WIP, another hardanger cushion cover. I'm really disappointed with the photo as I had to increase the contrast as far as I could without making the picture quality keel over and die, but the colour in the thread still hardly shows! I remember trying to take a photo of the threads themselves and having the same problem, but what you see a very poor representation of here is Caron's Watercolors in 'Iced Lavendar' which I chose to replace the suggested 'Dawn' shade in the pattern (which is Mary Hickmott's 'Soft as Snow' from 'New Stitches' issue 55.) I was also really very disappointed with the photos in the last posting as every one, although I used 'medium' and this normally only happens with the 'large' sized ones, did not click through to the full sized pic. Some of them really lent themselves well to larger images and so that was a shame! Anyway, larger sizes are available on my Webshots as always.


I've begun to list an enormous quantity of stuff on E-bay. So far there are 117 listings - 2 of which have bids thus far, so I will at least sell something!! What I've got up so far are most of the threads I'm selling - lots of WDW and GAST in 'sets' of two for a starting price of 99p for the set. Actually, pretty much everything is 99p, including the sets of 7 Six Strand Sweets and so on and some patterns that I'll either never stitch or already have, (the 'Oriental Dress', 'Chinese Junk', 'Bluetits', 'Goldfinches' and the last hardanger cushion are up for grabs - all for 99p!), so please take a look and, preferably buy something - or several somethings!! I'm not sure if the listings show up as available outside of the UK, but I am willing to ship anywhere in the world for the extra postage costs, so please take some of these things off my hands, no matter where you're based! There'll be books, ladies' clothes and more stitching things to come (XS mags mostly as well as some more threads etc), so do keep checking back. I'll include the link in every post until it's all gone so that those reading on reader software can click through and visit.=)

I've also cut all the posts (not many) from my other language blogs and inserted those sections on here. I wasn't using them much and I realised that it was just taking up room on Picassa, which would, in time, mean that I had much less lifespan for this blog etc than I might want, esp with so many travels coming up. So, from time to time, when I'm feeling diligent, I'll post a summary in German and/or Chinese and any other language that takes my fancy - I'm using the Japanese freebie at Rocket at the mo and DH is enjoying taking his first steps in Spanish with the on-line course I bought him as part of his anniverary gift!

8 comments:

Sparklyjools said...

Good luck with your Ebay sales. I will be sure to have a look once I've caught up with everyone's blogs!

Wanda said...

I think you did very good with showing the hardanger piece. The thread is light, I think like it should be on such a delicate, beautiful piece so it won't show up as much. But....and you know me..."click and enlarge"...you really see it then! Good luck with your Ebay sales. I'm sure you're doing way more to get ready for the big move than you are saying!

Teena in Toronto said...

Very nice!

Happy blogoversary!

SheilasEmbroidery said...

Well done on your hardanger, the colour looks lovely. Have put a 'few' bids in for some threads. Wish me luck and hope you raise lots of money for your travels.

Wanda said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog! I couldn't find your email address to respond personally. The pictures are from Colmar, France. Yes, very German, aren't they? Most people speak German in this area as well and things are translated into English and German.

Carmen said...

Hi Elizabeth i back again, for informatic trouble,i change my url, the new one is:

http://blog-stitchingdoris.blogspot.com/

sorry for the trouble.

Anonymous said...

Love to see the hardanger. I am working on a small cloth to use as a table centre but am making up the design as I go. Good luck with your eBay sales too.

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

WOW that is gorgeous..... I just started hardanger and I am hooked.

 
Google+