Monday 26 July 2010

Last stop before Japan

Just a quick post to show off my latest finish - the hardanger doily! I completed the edging whilst enjoying a TV mini series and it was all quick work from there. Well, all except the weaving, which I always find long winded and which I regret not dumping in favour of plain old wrapped bars, as I usually do. Here it is anyway and I hope you like it!

I'll be taking the narrowboat cross stitch to Japan with me even though I really should get the goldwork done out of the way before working more on this one. It's not a project I feel will travel well, so the cross stitch is better. I rarely get much stitching done when travelling, so I don't expect to make great strides with this one either.

The field mice has been about half finished up into a cushion/pillow cover. I've done the front (which was 4 sections) and now just need to get another piece of fabric for the back and put it all together. I've decided against the piece I bought a few weeks ago and just need a nice cream piece now. See what I can find in Japan??

11 comments:

Colleen said...

your blog is so cute! i love how you put together your posts and showcase your projects!

Sparklyjools said...

It's lovely, I'm so envious of your counting ability, as you know!

Radka said...

The hardanger is lovely, well done for finishing it!
What goodies will you find in Japan?

Anne S said...

Congrats on another gorgeous finish, as always :)

Rachel said...

I'm sure you'll find loads of wonderful things in Japan. I entirely agree that goldwork is probably not a good technique for travelling!

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

Elizabeth,
It's really lovely. Hardanger is something I have never attempted, and probably never will. It's enough of an effort to keep up with my other projects. How big is the doily? It will certainly become a family heirloom.

Anonymous said...

This is a stunning doily

Possibilities, Etc. said...

You do such beautiful work! I also enjoy the text along with the pictures. I would rather watch this work than do it. Hope to hear a lot when you are in Japan - I love the art and culture, but have studied more ceramics than textiles.

Radka said...

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for commenting on my blog. Not long to go now to you return?

Anna said...

It's very beautiful !!!!!I love hardanger

Nuestras meriendas y manualidades said...

Hola he visitado su blog y me ha gustado mucho sus trabajos
Saludos desde La Linea Mayte

 
Google+