Monday, 24 October 2011

Goldwork viola

And I managed the strings! I didn't think they'd ever work out, but I ended up putting two rows of bright check purls over a small piece of felt to give enough height for the strings to both catch on the bridge and get over the bottom part of the finger board. If you don't look at that part too closely, it's OK!!

The background is now totally done on the narrowboat piece, but as it's not much different from last time, it's not really worth a new picture yet. Hope to show more of that later in the week.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the sense of accomplishment that came from having finally completed that viola. I started it in Taiwan back in mid February 2010, so it's taken 20 months to get it from re-working the design to completing the stitching! I hope I don't have too many more projects that progress so shakily...


© Elizabeth Braun 2011

5 comments:

Doris said...

this is a very beautiful style of embroidery.

Suztats said...

Very nice!

coral-seas said...

Congratulations on finishing the viola. It translates well into gold work and looks great.

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

Well done! It looks lovely, nice and simple without being overdone.

Rachel said...

Reworking a design always at least doubles the time it takes, but it was worth it - well done!

 
Google+