Sunday 10 February 2013

The Sunday Yarn - 10 Feb 2013

I'm very pleased to be able to share this photo.  As you can probably work out, it's the front of the current baby knit I'm doing, but it caused me some difficulties and this photo is the proof of my having 'got it' and overcome the troubles.  Hurrah!

I was having awful trouble working out what all the bits hanging around on safety pins were, but reading on in the pattern and closely comparing the pattern photo and my work so far helped me to understand what was expected and that cleared up a lot of mist.

Another problem I had was learning, the hard way, to both make a note on the pattern where I've got to and also to compare the pattern with the completed side of the top before knitting on regardless and missing out about half a dozen rows that were key to keeping the pattern and level of the tops genuinely even!!  So, there was some unpicking done - 15 rows worth, and that's not easy with a pattern that you just daren't pull out and then pick the stitches back up onto the needle as there are extra loops made that don't pick up well like that and all sorts of things that are over-challenging for a novice like me, so I had to remove them stitch by stitch - in effect, knitting backwards!!  Well, it's done now!=)

As I mentioned on one of my CED posts, I've managed to get hold of a 3rd ball of this yarn - even the same dye lot (I happened to be keeping a label in my diary so it was on hand if I had a chance to get some more), so I can complete the sleeves in the same colour.  I now just have to decide if I want to do them in pattern, or to do it the easier way and stocking stitch them.  Whatever I decide, I hope to get one of them done this week.  It feels good to have got over a real stumbling block with this one and to feel that it's moving forward again.  So, yes, I'm very pleased indeed to be making this post.

:-)

Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2013

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Good to see that you've overcome the hurdles of the pattern!

JudyC said...

創作確實是一個認識自己好方法的旅程.經由這個旅程可以清楚看到自己面臨問題時將採何種態度面對?我總覺得作品背後的故事遠比作品本身精采有趣多了. :-))) judy

carol l mckenna said...

This is very creative and intricate ~ isn't it wonderful when we get a problem resolved ~ looking forward to seeing the finished product ~ Have a great week!

Carol of: (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

Anne said...

Hello, my Dear! This is so lovely!I've come to you from The "Grow Your Blog" party...it was over before I knew about it, but it was so nice of Vicki to leave the list up! Anyway, I always welcome new blogs to enjoy, and yours is delightful! I am now following you ~ please come and visit me if you get a chance!
So nice to "meet" you!
Hugs,
Anne

 
Google+