Wednesday 10 April 2013

A sympathy card


My sister-in-law's father died from lung cancer recently, so I put together a small card for her.  Above you can see the materials including the design transferred onto white silk and mounted into the working hoop, and below you can see the Anchor pattern I took the design from.  It was originally a wedding ring cushion!


Below is the finished item (I took no WIP photos this time as it was a quick piece) with a few extras added in to 'pad it out' and the ribbon attached as well.


I'm part way through the last of my DMC stumpwork kits and will report on that soon.

Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2013

8 comments:

Rachel Cotterill said...

It's a lovely card and I'm sure it carried your condolences well :-)

On a linguistic note, I'm reading a book at the moment (Surfaces and Essences) about categorisation in language and thought, and your post made me realise that in my world, my sister-in-law's father would be my father-in-law (as I have no siblings and therefore no other source of sisters-in-law). So it took me a moment to parse your possible family tree.

Hojas que caen..... said...

Eli que lindo este proyecto, te quería preguntar si es posible instalar un traductor para facilitarme leerte.Besos.Olga.

Rachel said...

Charming. A lovely thought!

Queeniepatch said...

A beautiful card with a comfort in every stitch.

Hojas que caen..... said...

Eli muchas gracias.Besos.Olga.

Wendy said...

it's beautiful, so sad that you needed to stitch it.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how elegant and serene ~ she will love it ~ excellent and creative needlework ~ Love it myself ^_^

Isabelle said...

your card is wonderful. it is a so kind way to show your sympathy to your sister-in-law

 
Google+