I finished the knitting part of the cardy yesterday morning and did the embroidery part today. The buttons are a bit too big, to be honest, but they can be squeezed through the buttonholes eventually!! I sewed them on with yellow pearl #5 thread in order to make a flower centre look.
Here's a close-up of the embroidered part.
The frustrating part now is that I had worked hard to get it done in time to take to my dentist tomorrow morning when I was to go for the second part of a treatment needing two sessions. I got a call this morning to say she'd actually had the baby over the weekend (so I daresay a 0-3 months size would have been OK!!) and, not only does my poor tooth have to wait another fortnight to be sorted out fully (owww!), but I don't know how I'm meant to get the cardy to new mum! I plan to drop it in at the surgery tomorrow and ask any of her colleagues who are going to visit to take it with them....
Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2013