I haven't made huge strides this week and I was too busy yesterday to post an update, but here it is a little late (and still Wednesday somewhere just West of the International Date Line....).
I inserted the french knot lupins, which I can't say I enjoyed. I don't mind french knots in small doses, but these were a bit of a bore to stitch, so I was glad to get the out of the way.
On these two shots, you can also see that I put in a few of the remaining beads, just leaving the section near the bottom scroll to do after the upper section has had the cutwork done. Of course, you can't put beads under a snap frame bar, although ordinary stitches don't suffer by it too much.
I also discovered and inserted a few missing 'x's from near the beaded area and, as you can see below, made a start on the 'look through' piece that will be fixed behind the large square box when that's cut out and a few filling elements put in.
So, apart from those last beads, (about 15 mins work), the surface is now complete - HURRAH!
Time to get the trusty old petit point scissors into action. I'm not nervous of cutting threads as a general rule, although I will feel a little more cautious than I normally do when doing the larger areas.
Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2013