Thursday 31 October 2013

Completed sampler photos!






Well, this is it, the finished thing.  It's not mounted/stretched yet as I don't have the necessary size of board in stock, but I gave it a press the other day and took some shots anyway or else I may have had to keep you waiting ad infinitum!

I started to blog about this piece on 9 April 2012, so I will have started to stitch it around the 7th.  It was finished on 21 October 2013 meaning that it took about 18 months to complete.  However, that's a bit misleading as I didn't work on it actively for about half of that time, so it was more like a 9 month project in reality.  It was rather challenging in parts and I learned some new things and simplified others so that I didn't have to learn too much new stuff!  Hope you enjoyed it all anyway.=)

Now, time for something new.....

Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2013

18 comments:

Cindy said...

Just beautiful!

lellapevaro said...

Bellissimo, sei bravissima, ma dove posso trovare questo schema? Ciao Lella

semplicemente giusi said...

è stupendo ....lo trovo un lavoro meraviglioso ... che mani preziose!!! complimenti un abbraccio ... giusi_g

Unknown said...

Meraviglioso...meraviglioso...un mix di punti messi in insieme in un modo così armonico .....peccato che con il punto croce non vado d'accordo...mi sarebbe piaciuto farlo...
Amelina

Glenis said...

Thanks for the quick response
It's every bit as beautiful as I expected. Especially love the window.

Stitching Lady said...

So beautiful - a dream!

Queeniepatch said...

There is so many details to look at on this sampler, and I will miss reading about the progress. So you will have to start another WIPW project!
Once this beauty is framed it will give a lot of charm to your home.

Janet said...

This is beautiful. I loved seeing it 'progress' in your posts, but it's also really good to see it completely finished, too :-)

Rachel said...

It turned out beautifully. The "window" in particular!

Juno said...

Well done on a project finished. It is really beautiful.

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

Absolutely beautiful! I'm sure proud (and relieved) to have it completed.

Lins Artyblobs said...

It is delightful and so neat.

zenuwpees said...

FELICITATION c'est MAGNIFIQUE Marie-Claire

JudyC said...

耶!!!完成了! 她真的很美...恭喜妳! judy

LUNA said...

Very, very beautiful! I love this.

Silvana said...

deliziosa questa striscia molto molto bella
silvana

elisabetta said...

Bellissimo questo ricamo. Complimenti! Ciao

Elizabeth Braun said...

Another reader commented:

This is really something. What an achievement! Congratulations.

I admire your dedication to the project and wonder if you can send me some please.

 
Google+