Saturday 24 January 2015

Welcome to the Grow Your Blog Party 2015!


Welcome!

Especially to everyone visiting from Vicki's Grow Your Blog Party!  My name is Elizabeth Braun (pronounced almost the same as 'Brown') and I'm from Yorkshire in the United Kingdom.  I'm 43 at the mo and have been married to my German hubby, Martin, for 16 years in June this year.  We have no kids and no pets, but plenty of cuddly toys. =)  Just now we're living in Sheffield, but will probably be moving this summer, either back to my hometown of Leeds, or somewhere else, depending on where he finds a job when he's finished his PhD.  This picture was taken when we were in Japan back in summer 2010.  I was dressed up in a kimono and had some photos taken.  (See more about that in this post.)

Although I've started a number of blogs on different topics in recent years, this one has been the one I've given the most time to and that has gained by far the biggest readership.  I began it almost 10 years ago, on 25 June 2005, as a means of documenting my completion of some overdue projects.  From there, I kept on recording the progress of my embroidery projects of many types.  Here are some of my favourite pieces from over the last decade.  Enjoy!












As you can see, embroidery is my main art form, (although I do a little knitting and paper-based art too at times) and I've done quite a number of different types over the last 12 years or so.  Things are a little slow here whilst we're dealing with a number of family and health related issues, but should get back to normal in the fullness of time.

Sorry it's a rather short intro this year and I haven't had chance to put together a give-away either! =(  If you'd like to know a bit more about little old me, then you might want to have a look at one of my other blogs, Fluffy Little Idiot, where I'm currently doing a 30 Day Blogging Challenge in which I talk about various things - interests, goals, favourites and other snippets, each day.  You might also like to stick around here for a few minutes and check out some of the past projects on the pages listed underneath the header photos.  There are also pages dedicated to links to the embroidery tutorials and feature articles that have appeared in the past.

If you'd like to subscribe to my blog, you could add me to your Feedly, click the Blogger 'Follow' thingy, (if you're on Blogger, of course), click the Bloglovin' sub box, or submit your e-mail address in the other box you'll find on the sidebar.  If you choose this latter option, remember that your subscription will not go live unless you follow the steps for verification.=)  You can also add the blog Google+ page to your circles, if you use G+.  Link, again, in the sidebar.  Many, many thanks for your visit to my blog and interest in my work.  xx  Please feel free to leave me a comment and introduce yourself, or just plain say, 'Hi' and wave in passing! =)

One blog that you won't find on the GYB list this year as the writer has been too snowed under with work to get directly involved in the event, is Rachel's Virtuosew Adventures.  Rachel is also an embroideress, who works mostly her own designs, (unlike me, as I work mostly others').  So, if you like needle arts, do check out her work too. =)

For those who are regular readers are wondering what's the why of this post, you can find out more on Vicki's blog, 2 Bags Full, (dedicated mostly to knitting and her travels).  On this post you can see the full listing of the participating blogs.

PS If you are a new blogger, you may enjoy this article I wrote last year with tips on how to create an attractive crafts blog and build up a readership.  Enjoy!

Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2015

28 comments:

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

SO perfect :)

Anonymous said...

It's nice to read a bit about you and see your beautiful work. I'm already a follower and really enjoy seeing your creations.

ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

Rachel said...

Thanks for the mention!

You've tackled a great variety of styles over the past ten years, and they've turned out beautifully - well done!

Mosaic Magpie said...

I always enjoy my visits here and will take some time to visit Rachel's blog.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Visiting from Grow Your Blog hop. Wow! I am so impressed with your embroidery ability!! Lovely work.

zenuwpees said...

Les broderies sont magnifique vous étez une artiste Marie-Claire

Renee said...

Your beautiful work always blows me away. Your bunny piece is one of my all time favorites. My youngest son (who wanted to be nicknamed Mutt) loves the dog you stitched.

glassbylindi.blogspot.com said...

Glad to meet you! I am having a lot of fun seeing all the great inspiration, so many new ideas! L

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Hi Elizabeth, what great work of your hands and heart...beautiful! I'm enjoying my visit and I'm Sandra, one of Vicki's helpers...thanks for being a GYBP 2015 blogger; enjoy the party!

SuperMomNoCape said...

Your stitching is absolutely lovely! The dog one especially looks like he's ready to jump off the fabric and come play with you.

Sheryl said...

Pleased to meet you and have found your blog via the GYB hop. Beautiful embroidery work. Will return to read more when time permits.

Anonymous said...

Hi Vickie,
just stopped by from GYB party , what wonderful embroidery you do, I especially love the wildlife.
I'm in Cumbria but I spent a few years living in Yorkshire, it's a lovely county.
I'm now following you with Bloglovin.
Enjoy the blog hop
Jill
Kiln Fired Art

Anna van Schurman said...

I"m popping in via Vicki's Blog and I'm happy to have found you. I am an American married to a Brit from Durham (and with a PhD!). I am a cross stitcher, though I do other crafts and embroidery as well. I look forward to reading more!

Threads of Inspiration said...

What beautiful embroidery you have done! My husband got his PhD quite a few years ago but I know the long hours and hard work. I empathize with you - good thing you have your blog and hand work!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

It was great fun to see your photos this time - some of the projects I do remember and others must have been from before I started following your blog. Have fun on the tour!

FeltByRae said...

Such beautiful embroidery; absolutely stunning

Popping over from GYB... and staying for a browse around to see more!

Rae

Deb said...

Absolutely amazing work!!!

Sue Kosec said...

You throw a great party. Thank you for inviting me!

So that you know, I've become a Follower and when time permits, I'll be back to see what other beautiful things were made by your hands!

What this party is all about is to GROW your blog and I'm hoping to do the same. When you get to Section One, check out A Country Chic Retreat and SuZeQ Creations, my personal blog, in Section Fifteen I'd love for you to follow and subscribe to.

Happy crafting!
SuZeQ

Wilma said...

Hello Elizabeth,
Found you via Vicki's GYBP. What wonderful embroidery !!
So colorful too. I enjoyed reading some of your posts.

Signed up as a follower and will be visiting you more often.
I'm from the Netherlands and love needlework like you. Hope you will visit me at my place.

Blessings to you,
Wilma. www.shabbyroyale.blogspot.com

Sparklyjools said...

Waving! Hope you get loads of new readers!x

Linda H said...

Hello Elizabeth. I'm popping by on the GYB party. I'm already a follower, it's always a lovely visit at your beautiful blog. I so enjoy watching your stitching progress on the various pieces you do. Thank you for sharing with us and for your exceptional photography.

Quilting Tangent said...

Beautiful projects.

Kathy H said...

Wow, beautiful stitching. I will enjoy seeing your projects.

PaintedThread said...

Your needlework is beautiful. I love that bunny!

Judy Cooper Textile Artist said...

Hi, visiting via GYB from St. John's, NL Canada. Your work is lovely. Following on bloglovin.

Cherie said...

Hello, just popping over from the GYB party. You have a lovely blog and I shall follow now. xxx

zenuwpees said...

Tu est une artiste toujours des magnifique broderies bonne journée Marie-Claire

Favo de Mel said...

Como fico encantada com seus trabalhos, perfeitos parabéns.

 
Google+