Sunday 13 December 2015

Time for a Paradise Island update


First of all, thanks so very much to all of you who left such nice comments on the last posting of the completion of my Rowandean sample card. =)  It was a fun piece to work and, yes, I feel a bit more confident about trying more of that sort of thing in the near future.  I certainly have enough sheer fabrics and special (i.e. not just plain dyed stranded cotton) threads to use!!

Over the last few nights, Sir and I have been watching 'The House of Eliott' on the BBC Worldwide YouTube channel.  He's loving the business development and general drama side of things and I always find this show inspiring and creative, but as I've watched it a time or six, I don't need to pay much attention to the screen, so have been getting on with the Paradise Island greenery.  The first photo shows progress made over the first four episodes and the second, the next two and a bit.


Still a fair amount of tree parts to do and, as it's such bitty work - a few stitches here and there, then change colours - it's taking a long time to get done.  Still, I'm aiming to have this part completed by the end of the year.  Will I?  Well, let's see...

Today I'm home with the start of a cold (probably), but as all the shopping is done, the ironing is up to date and I have good stocks of all the things I need to deal with a cold (Vitamin C, Echinacea, Kleenex Anti-viral tissues, which are incredibly soft, pills and potions if needed and dry skin treatment things for when my poor face dries up!!), it's a good day to slob out, catch up with my blog, mess about with my Pinterest boards and so forth.  I just can't fake feeling sorry for myself!!! =)

Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2015

3 comments:

Rachel said...

The black fabric makes the colours glow, doesn't it!
Get well soon..

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Great progress

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

It's really coming along nicely. Good luck with the cold. Nasal rinses generally work wonders.

 
Google+