I last posted on this piece right at the beginning of last year, so here's a recap. Fellow fans of Trish Burr's work and books may recognise this little violet embroidery from her 'Fresh Ideas for Beginners' needle painting book, which I'm slowly working through some of the projects from. I first blogged my first - terrible - attempts at the bud back on 11 November 2015 and the last photo on blog was the one here with the part worked leaf.
Here's the leaf completed
I have since worked the purple parts of the bud again, but didn't realise that I hadn't photographed it yet. My camera battery door is broken and I'm having to make do with holding it together with a combination of duct tape and main force when I need to take decent pictures, pending Sir having a look at some of the on-line tutes there are for fixing the problem. I really don't want to bin my otherwise fully functional camera because of such a small, mend-able problem, but it does mean that I find taking just one more shot when I thought I'd done and uploaded them all a bit of a nuisance.
I've just finished a moderate revamp of this blog. I changed some text colours, deleted some out of date sidebar stuff and finally got around to staging and photographing a new header image. I'm not 100% happy with it, but it'll do for the time being. The next digital skill I want to develop is banner and logo creation. If anyone has any tips to do this cheaply - preferably free - please share! I have Photoshop Elements v2.0 from about 15 years ago, MS Publisher 2007 and that's about it for creative software.
More on the autumn leaves project coming up on Friday. I have 12 past project posts created and scheduled for publication between then and early March and there are still three to do. Plenty to read on Sew in Love coming up! Enjoy. ♥☺♥
Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2017