Monday, 13 March 2017

VS Renaissance Rose bellpull - finished up

Here we are at the finish line for this project.

As this design was for a framed piece whilst I wanted to make a bellpull out of it, I needed to adapt the bottom.  It wasn't terribly difficult - I just needed to add a row of buttonhole edging around the outside of the hardanger section and then, using the new edge this created to site a row of four-sided edging on each side.  When this had got to the needed height, I just turned the top over a pretty hanger I got at the Knitting and Stitching Show in November.

And that was it!

Here the purple card back makes a nice contrast and shows off the cutwork section nicely.  I actually used this type of card as a support when packing up the bellpull, which you can see next catch up project post when I also share the wedding card.

Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2017


Catherine - Hillview Embroidery said...

What a lovely gift! I love how you adapted the design for both their chosen words and to make it into a bell pull rather than s framed piece. I've never tried cut work as I'm slightly terrified of it, but you have definitely inspired me!

Rachel said...

Oooh, didn't that turn out well!

D1-D2 said...

Lovely work.

Tüzes Beáta said...


geeky Heather said...

Your hardanger is like Mary Poppins...practically perfect in every way!!

Wendy said...

it's beautiful Elizabeth!