Thursday 15 November 2007

Latest Acquistions

Have I spelled that right? Sigh! The downside to typing and the computer age.

Well, it's been an interesting week and today has been a good old 'duvet day' so far,
but now I'm feeling a little more invigorated, esp as the post just came with these->
One of the new Anchor multicolours in light green, 2 of the 3 new Kreinik green shades in the fine cord, 3 DMC Light Effects metallics from the Antique Effects series and 4 reels of DMC fine goldwork thread in 2 shades each of gold and silved. You'd think that there was only plain 'gold' and 'silver', but there are ever so many!

I also got my ticket through for the Harrogate Knitting and Stitching Show. I wasn't going to go this time as I bought so much at the October Fashion, Embroidery, Stitch and Hobbycrafts shows, but I just really wanted to, so I ordered a ticket and it's just here on the desk.=)

Done no stitching again, but I have sketched the design for a very interesting card that I will post next time as I've just realised that I totally forgot to photograph it! However, below are the 2 latest embroidery mags I bought: I got the French one in Hamburg railway station last month. It's quite simple as it's got 'learn to embroider with us' on the front, but the designs are mostly very pretty.


I also bought the other two in the Elizabethan Embroidery books series and these are they <-. There is another on the alphabet, but I'm not so into monograms, for all I bought the Country Bumpkin book on it recently etc.

The new teacher has been organised for next term and I'm to meet her next week to show her what we've been doing thus far in class. I also want to tell her what I had planned, what I'd 'promised' the students and also a few tips on making it easier for them. She's Chinese and will have all the 'instinctive ability' that I lack, not being a native Mandarin speaker, but she'll never have learned Chinese as a foreign language and her recent training in English language teaching will only have limited relevance for this post. Only 3 more weeks of teaching left - 6 classes, about 12 hours. I'm looking forward to putting it behind me immensely, but part of it, oddly enough, will be a tremendous wrench. There's n'owt so queer as folk, as we say here in Yorkshire. (Leeds, Sandra)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi I've been looking for those books for a while. In the end I borrowed one from the library. Where did you get yours?
The Classic Inspirations magazine is gorgeous I'm trying my hand at the gold and white Christmas decoration , but I'm very 'rusty' so it's no where nerar as good as the magazine. Oh well, practice makes perfect they say!
Bye for now , Moira

 
Google+