Saturday 22 December 2007

Finally, 'Branches' goes WIP!

Yes, at last, I've finally managed to get a proper start on 'Branches'. I've done the first of the appliqué/slip elements, the University of Leeds logo worked in white Anchor stranded cotton and outlined in Anchor Ophir on dark green, and it's now safely stored ready for when it can be attached to the main card. Funnily enough, it's one of the last things that will go on!! I'm currently working on the octagonal doorplate, which I don't think will take me too long either. Should be ready to display that tomorrow, then it's on with the two instruments. One will just be a case of cutting out the right shape from a piece of gold kid leather, but the viola will be an interesting challenge!!

Other than that, I've made two 'thank you' cards in papercraft today as well.

2 comments:

Dawn T. said...

Your cards are beautiful!

Merry Christams to you! I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Kate said...

Good luck with your embroidery card, it sounds amazing. I can't wait to see it finished.

We've both ended an era, hmm? I did read your post earlier, and I must have subconsciously remembered it!

Merry Christmas, and happy stitching.

 
Google+