Monday 6 October 2008

It's show time!

This weekend was the Fashion, Embroidery and Stitch show up at the Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate. I can't say I enjoyed it as much as last year and I didn't feel there was as much for me to buy directly stitching-wise as it's more a exhibit and buy supplies type of event. So, you can get all manner of fancy stuff to stitch with and on, but I confess, I rather wanted to treat myself to a kit or two. Still, time and opportunity enough for that in late November at the Knitting and Stitching Show.=)

What I did get was all either for my C&G course or for stuff for my stand at next year's Staff Festival, if I go through with it. Here are the fabric colours I got, a starter set of dyes and 3 each fabric and silk paints. I just got the basic primaries that can be mixed to more or less anything, but I think I may get the other primaries as well next time - the warmer colours. We'll have to see how I take to it. They weren't really that expensive, but I didn't have enough money to buy any more.

I also got these bits and pieces - soluble film, some small embroidery frames, some roccoco gold thread (the only thing I bought for personal project interest), a fat quarter of silk habotai ready for the silk painting stuff and some buttons. Here's a close-up of the buttons as well, as they're really cute! They're for small, garden-ish embroideries I'm hoping I may be able to sell. Knowing me though, I'll probably never get the time to do them and, even if I do, I don't dare hope to really be able to sell very much! I'd have to charge quite a lot, even for a simple piece, in order to make it worth my while.

No more C&G work or other stitching to show as yet as I've had the most yacky cold etc. Quite a few in my circle have been down with it and it's the type that seems to get better, then flares up again. Anyway, I'm hoping that I'm at the end of it now and can get back on.

5 comments:

Vivien said...

So pleased to know you are taking a C & G course. Do keep us posted on what you are studying. I will follow your progress with interest - you do such lovely work.
Vivien

Kumi said...

thanks for your visit the other day. arigato!
wow, we do have the same blog name as you mentioned!!

Manuela said...

How many things i can see in your blog, do you speak italian? i'm writing from Genova, Italy . Bye Manuela

jenny said...

I will look forward to seeing what you buy at the Knitting and Stitches show, i loved the show so much to see and buy.

MargB said...

Love your buttons Elisabeth. I look forward to watching your progress with the C&G - your shell is lovely. I think shells provide wonderful inspiration. Thank you for dropping by and your comments on my blog

 
Google+