Monday 2 November 2009

New L*K and stumpwork progress

I've got the 'Spring' button up sampler well and truly in progress now:

And I've also been working some more on the stumpwork piece:

As you can see, I haven't finished the flatwork yet, but the next thing to do is some padded satin stitch, thus starting the raised sort of elements. After that is the bee...

I've finished re-reading 'North and South' and yesterday was lent the DVD of the BBC version of it, so I'm looking forward to watching that. It'd been long enough since I read the book the first time for it to be almost fresh reading, so remember that and don't throw out your good novels - come back to them in 5+ years' time!!!=) Marked to read next is 'Queen Victoria - A Personal History', which I'm hoping will be light enough reading to pass for a novel. I'm also reading 'Anne of Green Gables' in Chinese!!!

3 comments:

Wanda said...

I agree...never throw out your books! I have several bookshelves full of things I've read and re-read. I rarely even get a new book anymore! Of course..mine are all in English!! ha ha Nice stitching. Looking forward to watching your stumpwork progress. That's something I've always wanted to do. Of course, I'm still getting to the place where I re-attempt cutwork....thanks to your inspirations!

Carmen said...

wow!Anne of Green Gables in Chinese!!

Lovely stitching.

Cikgu Cikgi Malaysia Official said...

hi...

passsing by...


wow!!

you are amazing!!

^^

 
Google+