Saturday 11 June 2011

Anniversary gifts

Here are two other things that I've stitched recently. It's our 12th wedding anniversary tomorrow and, as we haven't any money to spare for regular gifts, I finally got around to making up the keyring I'd been planning for Sir for a couple of years. I bought the 'frame' two or three years ago!

This is the traced initials outline:


Then we have the filling in with directional satin stitch, which, as directional stitching is anything but my forté, I pulled out a few times during the whole process. I was getting annoyed with it....


Then I outlined it in Kreinik cord with stem stitch. Stem stitch is great when you're able to work from the outside in (as you should), but that's not easy when you have an inside curve to cope with! Especially if you need to change direction.


And here's the finished item:


I think it worked quite well, it's just a shame that the keyring itself got a bit scratched. If I ever buy another, I'll make sure it's as scratch free as I can. As Sir himself says, 'You live, you learn.'

Here's the anniversary card I made for him. It's from one of those Jeanette Crews 'One Nighter' chart leaflets, the 'Tropical Birds' one. Cute, or what?


I hadn't made a small cross stitch item for ages and, I must say I really enjoyed it! There's more to show you soon too, as soon as one of the items is finished up. Look out on Monday, all being well.

4 comments:

Erica said...

I think your initials came out just beautifully!

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Both projects are very nice! You may want to put initials and year on the birds, say underneath the right hand bird.

Suztats said...

Gifts of the heart are the best kind. Happy Anniversary!!

Rachel said...

Delightful. Small projects can be very rewarding, especially if you have been working on long-term ones.

 
Google+