So, here's this week's summary:
* Took photos of the snowy scenery at home and also of an icicle that started to develop in an interesting way.
* Finalised and posted last week's CED update.
* Did 3 more rows of knitting, which also included the working out (correctly, thankfully!) of where to re-start in the pattern.
* Selected some of the cribbed-from-the-web-and-a-possible-copyright-problem photos I had in a special folder, pasted them to a Word doc, ready to print out and try to reproduce/adapt in pastels and, maybe later, other media too.
* Took several more icicle photos! Good thing I did as we knocked them all down later on. We live on the top floor of three and our home is alongside the entrance path, so a falling icicle whilst melting could do someone a real injury and we did NOT want to be responsible for that! Imagine being speared by this baby ->
Needlepainting!' group on Stitchin' Fingers, (what? You're not an SF member yet??!!), of which I will be the moderator soon... If you aren't yet a member, you mayn't be able to see the group itself, I'm not sure. Moderating this group is by no means meant to suggest that I am any sort of expert in the subject though.
* Finally edited my photos from Durham (Nov 2010) and posted a selection to our travel blog.
* Ditto the Edinburgh photos for a post that went live on Friday.
* Spent some time with the printouts I made of various C&G embroidery syllabi and planned how to do a few of them by myself. Maybe I can join up with the local class sometime and get my work accredited as I know the teacher will do that.
* Made my first deliberately gluten-free meal for a coeliac lunch guest. It really only meant doing a separate pan of pasta for him, but I did check all flavourings carefully etc, so there was an element of creativity there.=)
* Knit several rows up the top right front of my baby knit, which is a jumper/sweater with a 3 button placket trim. Getting a bit complex...
* Finished that part of the knitting (although I'm not sure how correctly - I may have fluffed it) and made a start on the other side.
* More icicle photos. One opposite our place seemed to be a good metre long...
* Another intriguing icicle...
* Finally did some work on my sampler.=)
* Ordered an embroidery book from Amazon UK and 2 issues of 'Inspirations' from a UK magazine subscription site.
* Edited the icicle photos (for this post!)
* Finished the roses etc on the cross stitch section of the sampler
* Took the knitting photos, edited them and created the SY post that went live yesterday.
* Flicked through a watercolour book over breakfast
* Wore some more new eyeshadows and tried to take a photo of the result - but as it didn't work out well, you'll just have to take my word for it this time!!
* As I worked through a section of a Chinese grammar book that I'd assigned to my student to do, I tried to think of ways to include the material in her future lessons.
* Collected together and printed out the material I need to refer to to create a short 12-15 sentence passage for translation to form part of a sample chapter for a book I'm to be the (junior-ish) co-author of.
In many ways it wasn't an overwhelmingly creative week. Having said that, I have tried to keep it in mind and also to realise that, sometimes, circumstances don't allow and that a little something will do.=) Sometimes I'd love to be able to work and others I think, 'Why would I want to lose the freedom of choice and use of time that I have now??!' Perhaps I'll do some temp work sometimes...
Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2013