This is going to be a tricky and rather dull piece - which is why it got stalled in the first place. I actually did consider giving up on and binning it yesterday, but I refuse to waste the work that's already gone in and, as I always meant to complete it, complete it I shall!
So, I hope to be able to put in at least one line of couching each day, if not two or three. If I do manage to do that, then I may even have it as a finish this month.... Watch WIPW!!
I haven't touched the rabbit this last week, but I plan to get back on with him as soon as I can.
I have been able to crack on with the sampler though and here are the photos I took either at various points in the process or of the various parts. First I finished the boxes, then put in the lettering and then finally started on cross stitching the greenery at the bottom of the right hand long box.
This is what the whole piece looks like at the moment with all the above elements in place:
What you may not realise from these shots is the size of this thing. I've actually got it in a smaller working frame that would be needed to get the whole thing in at once, so there are another few design elements to fit in at the bottom of this visible section. I'm still quite a long way off completing even the surface work on it. Sir and I estimated that I may be about half way through it. Then there are the cut sections to do. I hope I can get this done within the first half of the year, but I also want to make a start on other pieces - when the rabbit and feather are done, that is.
Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2013