I've been working steadily on the final stages of the Tudor Lady picture and run into another snag with the petit point charts. The chart creates a 'lump' on the right hand of the chin as you can see here. The photo, however, shows nice, smooth shading and a rounded finish. So, yet more frogging was needed, but there were just three stitches to be replaced this time (as well as a couple to removed from the neck area), so no new chart was needed, phew!
Actually, it was rather irritating that the petit point charts had so many mistakes. Looks like they were rushed off and not given due attention to detail, which is odd, given that the model in the magazine photo is perfect! Qué???
Here's what she looks like now with those few stitches corrected, one or two lines of straight stitching put in place (not sure about one of them, makes the right eye look odd and droopy, so I think I'll take that one out again) and the white collar area re-stitched where it was done wrongly before. Actually, it seems that the cross stitch and petit point charts don't quite match in one small area, but I've sorted it anyway.
By the way, thanks for the comments on the last update saying that the hands looked much better. Sometimes I can get pernickity and perfectionist (not that I think that's bad....) and it comforts me when someone else sees what I mean!!!=)LOL!
So, that's how I've got along with this piece. Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks this project should be completed and the feather will appear in my WIPW post series. I haven't done any more on it just yet, but I have put in three decent sessions on the ring cushion and that's coming along passably well. Look out for the update on that on Friday or Saturday.=)
If you want to join in Work in Progress Wednesdays with a project of your own, or you want to see what other participants are doing, head over to Pintangle.
Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2014