Wednesday 30 July 2014

Work in Progress Wednesday - 30 July 2014

Just the usual quick check-in today with my WIPW progress photo.

As you can see, I've been working a little on the right hand fronds.  I estimate there to be something like three hours work left in this piece and then I'm a totally UFO free zone.  Hurrah!  In fact, one the Hanako cushion is sewn up, there won't be anything half done (oh, unless you count the camera case I've been meaning to sew for the past 5 years and have got no further than cutting some bits of fabric to use.)  I've decided to complete this before starting my new cross stitch etc etc....

I would have had it mostly done by now, but I've ended up in bed again with another bug.=(  Still, I usually feel a little better in the evenings, so maybe I might sit up for half an hour and work on it later on.

I actually feel quite keen and motivated and, since leaving the remaining left hand fronds for later and starting on the other side instead, I feel so much closer to the finish line.  Hopefully I'll display the completed piece next week.

As always, you can find out more about Work in Progress Wednesdays and see what others have been accomplishing lately over on Pintangle.

Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2014

7 comments:

Carol Ann Hopper said...

It's looking good.

Renee said...

What a fun embroidery project! Love the colors and texture.

Rachel said...

Actually, you've picked up on an important point there - starting on the other side makes it feel as though you are closer to the finish, and that is motivating..

zenuwpees said...

C'est bien beau bonne journée Marie-Claire

Jules said...

To be UFO free! great work on this piece, it looks fab!

Pamela said...

Very pretty! UFO free zone? I don't think I know what that is!

Glenis said...

If you feel devastated at being UFO-free, I have plenty you could share...

 
Google+