Tuesday 24 November 2009

Change of look

So, I've just given my blog a bit of a new look in terms of a new colour scheme in aqua blues and 4 new header photos, mostly of my work from the last year, (the fish is from summer '08). Those following along on reader software will need to click through to have a look, if you so desire! Some of the older posts won't look so good anymore as I chose the text colours on each post to co-ordinate with both the photos and the blog colour scheme. I think I'll now just use the default text colour that I've created for the blog for most postings.

Went to the fabric market today, but didn't get anything as, although there were lots of terrific things, I wasn't really in a buying mood and what's there is stuff I would need a sewing machine to put to good use, so not much point in going mad there just yet. I will at some point though, I feel certain of that!

4 comments:

Rachel Cotterill said...

I've just found your blog, so I don't know what it looked like before, but I think your new design is lovely - very calming colours. And I love your embroidery (something I really wish I had time to get into, but I wouldn't know where to start).

Rachel Cotterill said...

Just popped back to respond to your comments :) I can't find an email address on your profile but you're welcome to mail me (contact at rachelcotterill.com) if you want to talk outside of comments!

My mother-in-law lives in Bath, so we go there quite often. There's a good free walking tour every day (at 11am IIRC), twice a day in the summer, which takes in different parts of the city. I'd definitely recommend that. Whereabouts do you live when you're in the UK?

I do odd bits of knitting and crochet, and I know how to wield a sewing machine, which is why I'd quite like to learn a bit of embroidery to embellish my clothes. (If I won the lottery, I'd buy a programmable sewing machine!) I did do a little cross-stitch when I was younger, but always on to printed templates. I've subscribed to this blog to make sure I keep it in the front of my mind, and I'm sure eventually I'll get inspiration and time in a good enough combination to have a serious attempt :)

SheilasEmbroidery said...

Fantastic work there. Shame you can't make use of the fabulous fabrics there. I like the new look.

Wanda said...

Wow! I like the new look. I usually panic at any blog changes but this one is really neat!

 
Google+