Made a start on both new pieces. Here's what I did on Tuesday on the cross stitch, i.e. part of the tree bit in the upper centre. Doesn't look much thus far, but new cross stitches rarely look anything to shout about. It'll look much nicer once I get some more done, I'm sure.
The hardanger doily's shaping up nicely and I've got to the border part. Actually, I hate buttonhole stitch edging as it's relatively slow going and it's really hard to make my stitches as neat and even as I'd like them to be and turning corners and fastening on new threads is a bit of a pain. Thankfully, I found a good tutorial page here and printed off the relevant bits to use.
I haven't done any more on either of them since I put my needles down 2 days ago, but I think I might just have a go at putting in a stitch or two when I've finished here. But I doubt it, I'm pooped!