So, how did I get on with working on my stitching goals last month? Not quite as well as I'd hoped as I had wanted to finish both the rabbit and the peacock feather and neither are anything like complete yet.=( Still, I did work on both and the sampler as well.
Finish any current WIPs* 'Sunshine and Flowers' sampler about 40% complete from 35% at the beginning of the month That's OK as this is a big project and, whilst I would have like to have got further along with it, here are beginning and end of the month progress photos to compare:
* Stumpwork rabbit about 45% complete Again, progressed from about 35% complete and here are the comparison pictures:
* Peacock feather about 50% done only did one piece of thread on this, not worth photo recapping!!
The next section has been changed a little from the original. I've added 2 more kits that didn't sell on e-bay sales (hardly surprising as the photos on the kits are AWFUL!), but that I think I'll do after all and changed the overall goal to 8 in the year instead of so many from this section and so many from that. Less bitty and more room for choice this way.
New projects - aim to complete at least 8 of the following throughout the year
Kits in stock:* 'The Farewell' blackwork
* 'The Embroideress' blackwork
* Ribbon embroidery
* Coleshill stumpwork butterfly
* Anchor stumpwork face card
* DMC stumpwork butterfly
* Pearsall's stumpwork poppy
* Design Perfection Red Admiral
* Crown cross stitch (Sir's 14th anniv card??)
* Shoe cross stitch/craft card
Book/magazine projects:* Tudor Lady cross stitch
* Medieval Lady cross stitch
* Helen M Stevens' butterflies piece (cushion for Lindleys)
* Goldwork insects from the Hazel Everett book
I'm not starting any of these until at least one WIP is finished!
Sewing I also haven't done any of, but I did delete one project I thought it unlikely I'd get to.
Sewing* Trial some fancy purses
* Find a use for old bedding - even if I don't do it yet!!
* Camera Case
* Try some dolls house textiles
* Mending and altering
* Learn cabling
I'm having some trouble with the other two as the chunky pattern I bought doesn't seem to be for chunky wool at all, but for super chunky, although the needles specified don't match for either weight of yarn. A bit confusing and also disappointing as I had a specific chunky yarn in mind. I don't feel experienced enough to adapt the pattern yet. I haven't had the nerve to start in on the cabling book I borrowed from the library either! I used to think knitting was such a simple thing...
Goals for February
Text and images © Elizabeth Braun 2013